Carlo Vialu, PT, MBA served as Director of Physical Therapy for the NYC Department of Education, where he oversaw a program with over 700 PTs working in more than 1,500 schools. He is project manager of research on normative data for five mobility tests for school-aged children, & co-founder of www.SeekFreaks.com.
Peggy Morris, OTD, OTR/L, BCP is an OT with 30+ years of peds experience in early intervention, private practice & out-patient, but most of her experience & passion is in school-based practice. She coordinates the post-professional MS and OTD programs & school-based certificate program at Tufts University. She is Board Certified in Pediatrics through the AOTA, and a regular SeekFreaks contributor.
Karen Tartick, PT has been practicing for over 30 years in a variety of settings including outpatient orthopedics, early intervention, acute care, NICU, and school-based physical therapy. She currently practices in the Durham Public Schools in Durham, NC. Karen has served as a member of the Autism subcommittee of the School Based Physical Therapy Special Interest Group, and co-authored the Autism Spectrum Disorder Guide for parents on the Move ForwardPT website, the APTA’s consumer webpage. Karen is an APTA Advanced Clinical Instructor, and a mentor for school-based portion of the pediatric residency program at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where she serves as an adjunct faculty member.
Amy Coopersmith, MOT, OTR/L, MA, Ed worked as an OT Supervisor, clinician and evaluator for the NYC Department of Education for 17 years. She is also a prolific lyricist, writing songs about Children’s Self-Determination and Mental Health. She is passionate about promoting children’s self-determination and has provided workshops at national conferences and online learning communities. Previously, Amy taught Pediatric Assessment and Treatment at Mercy College and worked for ten years as a teacher in New York City. When you ask Amy about a children’s mental health topic, she’ll tell you, “I’ve Got A Song for That!”
Bonus Webinar Instructor: Sandra Saavedra, MS, PT, PhD is a pediatric researcher and Associate Professor at the University of Hartford. She has more than 25 years of clinical experience as a pediatric PT, and is a national leader in researching, teaching and applying segmental principles to treatment of posture impairments in infants all the way to older children, from those with mild to severe disabilities. She played a major role in the refinement and validation of the Segmental Assessment of Trunk Control (SATCo). She works with various clinical and school-based settings to apply SATCo principles to assessment, interventions, selection of adaptive equipment and measuring outcomes.
CLICK BELOW FOR DETAILS ABOUT EACH WEBINAR
Webinar 1: Start with the End in Mind! with Carlo Vialu, PT, MBA
Webinar 2: Train the Brain with Carlo Vialu, PT, MBA
Webinar 3: Systems Approach to Handwriting Interventions with Peggy Morris, OTD, OTR/L, BCP
Webinar 4: Mindfulness Practices for Your Pediatric Clients with Peggy Morris, OTD, OTR/L, BCP
Webinar 5: Executive Functions for Children and Youth with Peggy Morris, OTD, OTR/L, BCP
Webinar 6: Self-Monitoring Strategies for Your Pediatric Clients with Amy Coopersmith, MOT, OTR/L, MA, Ed
Webinar 7: Determining Needs for School-based OT/PT Services with Carlo Vialu, PT, MBA
Webinar 8: 18 Predictors of Post-Secondary Outcomes...and What Therapists Can Do Now! with Karen Tartick, PT
Early Bird! Register by September 14 and get free access to Segmental Assessment of Trunk Control (SATCo): Administration, Scoring and Psychometrics with Sandra Saavedra, MS, PT, PhD
Bonus Webinar: Maintaining Educational Relevance in Teletherapy with Carlo Vialu
13.5 continuing education hours of training are awarded to learners who complete this symposium. (You get an extra 1.5 hours for the Bonus Webinar if you're an Early Bird)
- Apply EBP, LLC is an approved provider of CEUs for PTs and PTAs in IL and NY, and for OTs and OTAs in IN, IL and NY, and AOTA (See AOTA Imprimatur under each webinar listed above for approval details).
- These webinars been approved by AR PT board
- This symposium is approved for CA and OH PTs and PTAs.
- These OT state boards accept approval by AOTA, other state boards or associations: AL, AK, AR, DE, DC, FL, IL, IN, KY, LA, MD, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NV, NH, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, OK, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, VT, VA, WI and DC.
- These PT state boards accept approval by other states or AOTA: AK, AZ, DE, HI, IN, KY, MI, MT, NC, ND, OR, PA, TN, UT, VT, VA, WY and DC.
- These states do not require pre-approval of courses or have no CE requirements for OTs and OTAs: AZ, CA, CO, CT, GA, HI, ID, IA, KS, ME, MA, NE, NJ, UT, WA, WV and WY.
- These states do not require pre-approval of courses or have no CE requirements for PTs and PTAs: AL, CO, CT, GA, IA, KS, ME, MA, MO, NE, NH, and WA.
- If you would like to obtain CEUs for another state, please email us.
For each webinar, learners must watch the video and complete course requirements, including scoring 70% or higher in the post-test to receive a certificate. Five (5) post-test retakes are allowed; if you exceed this limit, please email us.
WHAT THERAPISTS SAY ABOUT THE SYMPOSIUM
- This symposium was the best two-day conference I have ever attended. – OT with 11 years of experience
- Excellent! Packed full of relevant information that I can implement in my practice immediately. Tons of resources provided. Hands down the best continuing ed that I have attended. Thank you!!! – OT from PA
- Truly the most valuable course ever for SBPTs+ SBOTs. Should be mandatory for all therapists working in schools. So grateful for all of this very relevant info. Please Come Back! – PT with 20+ years experience
- This has been such a great conference! I am new to the schools and have been searching all year for evidence based research and guidance on how to best function in a school setting. I wish I would have had all of this knowledge at the start of the school year, and am so excited to get back in the fall and be able to implement what I learned. – PT with 13 years experience
- This was an excellent symposium over flowing with research and evidence to relate to real world practice. – OT with 6 years of experience
- This symposium has been time well spent! The information I learned here will become a well-loved part of my practice on a regular basis. Thank you for everything. – OT with 3 years experience
- One of the best PD conferences I’ve attended due to the abundance of resources provided – COTA with 6 years experience
- First course I have attended with new and challenging information in a very long time!! Most courses are too basic and don’t challenge me to think differently – this did! Thanks! – OT with 20 years experience
- Thank you for being ‘coaches’ to facilitate my clinical reasoning skills – OT with 35 years experience
- Best CE taken in 24 years as a PT! – PT with 24 years experience
- LOTS of valuable information. Would highly recommend Symposium to others. – PT with 25 years experience
- Mind blowing – PT with 30 years experience
- Can’t wait to go back to my district and bring them all I have learned. Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Love the laughter you all brought to each workshop! – PT with 21 years experience
- I really enjoyed it. Great resources and ideas to immediately embed into my practice. This is my second conference of yours. I will be back for more!! – PT with 27 years experience
- Thank you so much for all of the wonderful information! This is my second APPLY EBP Symposium, and as before, I leave feeling empowered and eager to grow my evidence-based practice and strategies. – PT with 16 years experience
- You will have access to this course for at least 60 days.
- There is no cancellation once course is purchased. Please email us if you have any questions.
- If you are an employee of New York City, please take note that due to conflicts of interest, Webinar 6: Self-Monitoring Strategies will be substituted with Webinar 6: Play to Their Strengths! Strengths-based Approach to Assessment & Interventions with Peggy Morris, OTD, OTR/L, BCP.
- Apply EBP, LLC abide by all provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Apply EBP, LLC is committed to equal educational access for individuals with disabilities. Apply EBP, LLC does not discriminate against any individuals with disabilities from registering or attending any of our courses. We work closely with venues to ensure that facilities utilized are accessible. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to contact us via email or phone (646-269-9039) with requests for accommodations. Apply EBP, LLC will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodations.